Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kristoffer Eriksen 185 posts 465 karma points
    Oct 04, 2011 @ 09:51
    Kristoffer Eriksen

[UmbracoExamine] Field "InternalMemberIndexSet" is listed multiple times in the index set "email".

I get this error, when my members is trying to log on their site

[UmbracoExamine] Field "InternalMemberIndexSet" is listed multiple times in the index set "email". Please ensure all names are unique

It worked in a couple of weeks, but suddenly this error appears.

It works on my local machine, which runs on the same database, as the solution, the customer/members use.

I updated and reindexed the Examine Index, but that didn't help

I used http://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/examine-index-admin for reindexing

Help please

Oct 04, 2011 @ 10:21
    Kristoffer Eriksen

The problem was something completely different, and had nothing to do with the above,

One of the users had, by accident, changed the security settings for the frontpage.

But that still doesn't explain the above errors in my Log database. Any ideas ?

Nov 16, 2011 @ 20:41
    Kristoffer Eriksen

Closed but no solution provided

• Tony Bolton 83 posts 109 karma points
    Mar 13, 2012 @ 13:06
    Tony Bolton

Hi Kristoffer,

I know this was a long time ago - but did you ever get to the bottom of this.

I've exactly the same problem with a website - been fine for ages and now exhibiting the above error.

If you ever did I'd be grateful for any pointers,

Cheers,

Tony

• Tony Bolton 83 posts 109 karma points
    Mar 13, 2012 @ 15:50
    Tony Bolton

Update: I've kind of stumbled on the solution so I'll put it here for anyone else that might get this problem.  I'm not saying it's the defacto answer but it certainly worked for me.

There was another post alluding to having a doc type with the same property name as the field mentioned in the error.  In my case it was "email" (even though the error message params are the wrong way around).  So, I checked my doc types and sure enough I had one with the field "email".  I renamed this to contactEmail, and then destroyed the member index.

That didn't do the trick though - I was so focused on the member index that the actual problem was the Internal index which contained this "email" field.   So I republished those nodes and then deleted the Internal index - and after a bit of time (there are alot of nodes on this site), the index rebuilt and voila - the problem disappeared.  

I could easily replicate the issue by just logging in and out as a member - and that error would come up in the log against that member id.   The actual error didn't cause any problems in the front-end I just happened to notice it.  However the index itself did not store the email field as a result (confirmed via luke) so  might have ramifications further in the backend.

Hope this helps anyone with the same problem - spent a good few hours on this problem :(

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft